Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

aggr in load

Hi, please could someone advise me whether it's possible to use the aggr function in the loading script? The idea behind it is that I currently have aggr functions as object expressions but it's slowing down the object load redraw time. Thanks, Shane

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I thought I would add the expression I'm using to provide more detail:

=sum(aggr(if(Salvage_Processed = '1' and Registration_Code = '2', [Proceeds]),SMD_Reference)

/

sum(aggr(if(Salvage_Processed = '1' and Registration_Code = '2', [Value]),SMD_Reference)

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Shane,

As far as I know the aggr() function is for use in the front end only (add it in the script and it doesn't highlight in purple).

However in the past I've achieved similar results in the script by using multiple resident loads with a sum(), count() etc and a 'group by' which is then left joined back onto the original data.

The example above could be achieved using Resident / Group by etc but would probably be too much trouble, I'd look at using Set Analysis to make the 'if' portion of your aggr() statement more efficient.

This may not be exactly what you're looking for and it will obviously slow your load down but hopefully it will point you in the right direction.

All the best.

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd