Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

append data to a resident table

How can i append data to a resident table. I have to Excel files that are in the same format, and I'd like to load them into one qlikview table.

I'd like to append these two excel files via qlikview. I DON"T want to manually cut & paste the data together.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I didn't explain the problem correctly. Your solution wasn’t able to resolve my problem, but thanks for your help

I needed to concatenate two tables, but i also wanted to qualify the tables. The only way around it was to create a temp table unqualified which concatenated the two spreadsheets. I then created a permanent table that i qualified. I then loaded the permanent table from the temp table.

QUALIFY *;

Perm_table:

LOAD * Resident tmp_table;

UNQUALIFY;

DROP Table tmp_table;

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't do much loading from Excel, but you can concatenate files like this:

[MyTable]:
LOAD my fields from the first Excel file;
CONCATENATE ([MyTable])
LOAD my fields from the second Excel file;
etc.

And it may be even simpler than that if they're in the EXACT same format and you can recognize the file names with, say, a wildcard.  I think you can just use * in the file name, and it'll load them all, treating them like one big file.  I could be wrong, though.  We DO use that technique with QVDs, and I assume it would work the same with Excel.  For instance, from a live application, where * is a wildcard:

LOAD * FROM QVD\CoilHistoryIncremental_*.qvd (qvd);

Not applicable
Author

I didn't explain the problem correctly. Your solution wasn’t able to resolve my problem, but thanks for your help

I needed to concatenate two tables, but i also wanted to qualify the tables. The only way around it was to create a temp table unqualified which concatenated the two spreadsheets. I then created a permanent table that i qualified. I then loaded the permanent table from the temp table.

QUALIFY *;

Perm_table:

LOAD * Resident tmp_table;

UNQUALIFY;

DROP Table tmp_table;