Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

assign today's date to incrementally added rows

my table that I am pulling data from, is being updated daily. the table is run against the entire database and filters out the error and stores the errored rows into one table and I am pulling data from that table and displaying on QV. and once the error is fixed, the table will not be displaying the fixed rows anymore. so it will be gone.

So I decided to make use of QVD file and use incremental load. that way only the new rows will be inserted into QVD but rows that are removed from the table will not be removed from QVD.

my next challenge is assigning each new row a date.

each row already has dates of other type. and I am trying to add date to each row that it became an error. I hope I am being clear here. anyways, I don't care about the rows that has already been in the table. but the new rows that are going to come in starting today, I want them to have their today's date so that I can eventually see the trend of new rows added on each day.

Load *

SQL*

From ~~~

This is how my QVD looks like right now. can I add some code to it so that it will assign incrementally added rows a today's date value?

Thank you!

1 Reply
sunny_talwar

Something like this:

LOAD *,

Date(Today()) as IncrementalDateField;

SELECT *

FROM ~~~;