Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

back ground color expression

I have a requirement in which date range should be colored from current month till december 2015. So I have used the condition

=IF(YearMthDate>=today(),Yellow()) in the expression back ground . But there is a field called dp_lag which has values 0,1,2.3 .When I select any values in the field dp_lag the color  range is not appearing in the dp_field

what should be done to make the color range appear always irrespective of selections in the field?The color range for the given month should not change

Please provide some approach on this.

Thanks

Sriram

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You have to use set analysis {1} in the expression. Try to share a sample qvw so that it can be shown at your context.

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The expression : =num(Sum({<[LAG]=>}distinct([dmd_plng_qty_summary])),'0' ) & Sum({<[LAG]=,[LAG_DP]=>}DISTINCT [dmd_plng_qty_current])

the back ground color expression for the above mentioned expression is :

IF(YearMthDate>=today(),Yellow())

The future date expression in the above mentioned set analysis expression corresponds to :

Sum({<[LAG]=,[LAG_DP]=>}DISTINCT [dmd_plng_qty_current])

So the future range from august to december 2015 is colored using the expression :

IF(YearMthDate>=today(),Yellow())

Please help me on this

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

can anyone provide me on how to approach the given problem .

tresesco
MVP
MVP

What is there in dimension? Could you not share a sample?

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

in dimension it is mnthname and division code .There are two dimensions

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi,Please attach the sample application.

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

since the size of the application is large I am finding difficult to upload the qvw file here