Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

bar chart drill down

Hi,

I'm using drill down of three in a bar chart.

Whenever I click on 1st it goes to 2nd drill down only when 2nd drill down has more than 1 value, Otherwise it directly goes to third.

But I want it to go to 2nd drill down even when it has one value and then to third.

Can anyone please tell how to do this??

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I happened to see this thread and also wondering the answer to the chart drill down. Hope someone can point out a good way to this problem. With respect to bar chart series, I am also not quite familiar. Seems that I need to dig more deep into the chart.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

So, drill down you are talking abut in real is behaviour, where you chart trying to present dimension level of your hierarchy group, where there are more than 1 dimension coordinates. Notice, that presented dimension level may change even if you select something outside the chart (on another chart or listbox).

My way to let user to have dimension level "under control" it was dynamic dimension. I loaded the island table with dimension names. User can select dimension and on that selection i turned on/off dimension in chart.

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

Try to add a dummy 2nd level dimension. It will not show on 2nd level dirll down, but it will make your 2nd level drill down bar stay there.

TestData3:

LOAD * Inline [

Categary,SubCategary,SubSubCategary,Num

C1,SC1,SSC1,1

C1,SC1,SSC2,2

C1,SC2,SSC3,3

C1,SC4,SSC4,5

C1,SC4,SSC5,3

C2,SC5,SSC6,8

C2,SC5,SSC7,9

C2,SC6,SSC8,9

C4,SC7,SSC9,6