Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

block access to the document downloaded locally

My applications are downloadable from the portal AccessPoint, For the safety issue, I want to block access to the document downloaded locally within 30 days.
For the moment the documents downloaded are protected by a password

7 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Open QEMC --> System --> QlikView Servers --> Documents. To globally disable document downloads, uncheck the "Allow Document Download" checkbox. To disable downloads per document, you can go to Source Documents --> task --> Server, and uncheck the "Download" Access Method. You can remove this from documents already in the AP, by going to User Documents --> document --> Server.

Regards,

suniljain
Master
Master

pls uncheck download option in user document

Not applicable
Author

I don't think that is possible.

ERP Consulting
SAP ERP Consultants

Not applicable
Author

I must allow the download applications from the Accesspoint portal. It is a constraint imposed by my client. Access to applications on the portal is protected by NT name. Once the application is downloaded locally, it will be protected by a password.
I want access to the downloaded application is for a limited time, for example 30 days. At the end of those 30 days, access is blocked and the user is prompted again to download the application

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't think that the portal can do that.

Can I suggest a workaround:

• Create a variable set during the load script: Let vLoadDate = Today();
  • Create a variable for the time elapsed since the last reload compared to a threshold (30 days): vValid= '= (Today() - vLoadDate ) <= 30';
  • Use this variable in the show sheet condition for all the sheets in the model.
  • Add a sheet that uses the inverse of the variable (Not(vValid)) as the show condition.
  • Put a text box on this sheet that explains that the downloaded model has expired and the user should download a new copy from the portal.

This assumes that the portal model is reloaded daily so that vLoadDate is current. You could also use ReloadTime(), but if the user reloads the local document, that will reset ReloadTime().

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I'll try it

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I don't know of any way to do that, sorry. I would think your best bet is to implement an outside batch process that will delete all .qvw files on user machines 30 days after creation time. Of course, you would risk deleting the user's own QVWs as well...

You can also try to access the creation time in the section access portion of the script of each downloaded QVW and lock out users if the file is too old. Look up the Attribute() function in the QlikView help file. You will need to play around with this function until you find the attribute that corresponds to creation time (not modification time). Alternatively, if you can't get the Attribute() function to work, you can create a VB macro in the script that would tell you the creation time. The syntax for the macro would be regular VBScript.

I don't have an example of any of these suggestions, sorry...

Regards,