Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can not able to open any qvw? please urgent help !!!!!

Hi,

we recently moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have Qlikview personal edition 12 in local pc and Qlikview 11 in server. Earlier in Windows 7 I had Qlikview  personal edition 11. now I can not able to open any of personal edition qvws in Qlikview 12 in my pc. it is showing message that I attached as png.

Please can anyone help me it is really very critical urgent to me.

43 Replies
Not applicable
Author

how do I attempt recover option? if I do recover option will I able to open forum qvws and qvws created by another user in server? I have read Personal Edition FAQs that you posted. still in little confusion?

please clarify me

Colin-Albert

You do not need the recovery option once you have licenced your QlikView Desktop.

The recovery option allows Personal Edition users to migrate their applications to a new PC it is not designed as a workaround for sharing applications.

Have you been able to lease a licence?

If you cannot connect to the server, have you tried entering the server IP address rather than the name?

Can you see any document on the Access Point? This will show that you have permissions to the document folder.

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Dear Emelia D.

qvp://YourUserName@YourServerName/Qlikview Access Point/ApplicationName.qvw

Please try the following:

- Replace YourUserName with your username

- Replace YourServerName with name, DNS or IP address

- Replace ApplicationName.qvw with another app hosted on your QVS

See if that helps.

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem after changing motherboard and micro. I've reinstalled and can't even open NEW files I create after I close them. Please help. Thanks.

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Are you on domain?

Can You see your applications on your Browser through access point!!

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Not applicable
Author

Personal edition, only local files. Yes I see the files in the explorer if that what you mean. I've tried a reinstall with no luck there must be some registry keys left behind. I don't care old files, I just need the program running. Thanks.

Colin-Albert

Diego - If you have Personal Edition, then use the recovery option which will update all your QVWs so they work on the new hardware, which I being detected as a change of machine.  A reinstall will not fix the problem you need to use recovery.

You can only use recovery 4 times before you will be locked out of QlikView Personal Edition and need to purchase a licence, so be certain this is the correct option - see the FAQ earlier in this thread.

Amelia - you do not need to use recovery, you need to lease a licence.

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Once you installed the New Qv desktop means you can't  open any files which are created by other users mean your previous documents are also come under others documents only

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Albert. The problem is that after changing the motherboard it says the maximun attempts have been used (more or less, it's in spanish) but I can't open even new files. At this point I don't care the old files, just need to use qlikview. I've reinstalled without luck. Any ideas? Thank you very much.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Hirish, I can't open any files. Even if I create a new document. Save,. Close and I can't open it again, it shows the error "Installation has exceeded the maximum number of attempts allowed recovery of a document in a Personal Edition license." (google translate).