Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emil_bros
Contributor III
Contributor III

changing calculation for Partial Sums using SecondaryDimentionality

Hello Colleagues,

I need to change the logic of partial sums calculation in pivot table. For year quartes, instead of sum of 3 month, I need the last month value to be presented as quarter total. I use SecondaryDimentionality but it won't work properly'

In given example, instead of 19730 (sum of months) I want to get 6317 (last month val)

Capture3.PNG

To solve this I use secondary dimentionality to locate on which level of cumulation given section is.

After that I use Max(Month) to check if last month of the quarter is properly defined for quarter total column  - and it works - for Q1 I get 06-2019, for Q2 I get 09-2019.

then I use Max(Month) in final formula:

if(
SecondaryDimensionality() = 1,
sum(Stock),
sum( {<Month = {'$(=Max(Month))'}>} Stock)
)

Sadly the result is correct only for highest quarter . In example below - correct for Q2 and total overall, incorrect for Q1. It's strange because Max(Month) correctly assigned 06-2019 as last month of Q1.

apture4.PNG

Any ideas where I went wrong?

Best Regards,

Emil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try doing this using Aggr() function...

If(
Sum(Stock),
Sum(Aggr(If(GPSI_Month = Max(TOTAL <GPSI_QUARTER> GPSI_Month), Sum(Stock)), GPSI_QUARTER, GPSI_Month))
)

You might be able to use FirstSortedValue() function, but I would need a sample to test it out.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try doing this using Aggr() function...

If(
Sum(Stock),
Sum(Aggr(If(GPSI_Month = Max(TOTAL <GPSI_QUARTER> GPSI_Month), Sum(Stock)), GPSI_QUARTER, GPSI_Month))
)

You might be able to use FirstSortedValue() function, but I would need a sample to test it out.

Emil_bros
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you very much Sunny, this works perfectly!