Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andriesb
Creator II
Creator II

chart: show the last price recorded and not the highest

I would like to show the last date registered for purchasing products and the latest price (not highest) connected to this product.

I use  a chart where the fields shown are defined by: article  , max(DateofPurchase)  and price.  This will (as I filtered on latest date with the 'max') whos one record per article. However in this example the price wil be left blanc ( " - ").

How could I get the attached latest price connected to this purchase date ?

Source data:

articledateprice
10.011-1-201212,5
10.015-1-201213
10.0110-1-201210
11.501-1-201210
11.504-1-201211
11.5012-1-201212

My chart should show the last purchase date (and this date's price).

Chart Result:

articledateprice
10.0110-1-201210
11.5012-1-201212

If I use max(price) , i will receive this maximum price (e.g. 13 for article 10.01 ), but this is not what i want : i'm looking for the price at the last date. Maybe somethin like =last(price)

maybe using a filter like   =( { < Date = {$(Max(Date))} > }  would help, but somehow this syntax is not correct?

Update : Adding the max value (although I just expected one answer)

max ( {< Datum={$(=Max(Datum))} >}  Laatste_Prijs)   dit provide me with the correct answer... 

Update 2: this solution will only work when filtering to one article, not wile showing a list of distinct articles. 

2 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Try with this

For Date use Max(date),

For price use MaxString({<date={'$(=Max(date))'}>} price)

Celambarasan

andriesb
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I did find the same dicussion that also provided me a working answer:

http://community.qlik.com/message/154133

I think FirstsortedValue should work, you could use a negative date as second parameter to sort descending (latest date), like

= FirstSortedValue(Price, -Date)