Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

combine 4 if statements into a single expression. need help..pl???

hi all,

Please request help on the below issue.

I have 4 if statements below and  t,I am not able to resolve it,please can anyone help me out???

i AM NOT GOOD IN NESTED IF'S SO PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS????????????

1)if( market_value_1<= strike_price,-1*(premium),((-1*(premium)+ (market_value_1-strike_price))))  and  ([Buy/Sell]='BUY' AND xoptiontype='CALL'

2) if( market_value_1<= strike_price,+1*(premium),((+1*(premium)- (market_value_1-strike_price))))  and  ([Buy/Sell]='SELL' AND xoptiontype='CALL'

3)    if( market_value_1<= strike_price,((-1*(premium)+ (strike_price-market_value_1))),-1*(premium))  and  ([Buy/Sell]='BUY' AND xoptiontype='PUT'

4)  if( market_value_1<= strike_price,((+1*(premium)- (strike_price-market_value_1))),+1*(premium))  and  ([Buy/Sell]='SELL' AND xoptiontype='PUT'

I HAVE ATTACHED THE FILE FOR REFERENCE.

In them the 4 columns buy_call,buy_put,sell_call and sell_put are differently displayed which needs to be combined to a single column with the extra contion for esch case:

([Buy/Sell]='BUY' AND xoptiontype='CALL'  etc.. as shown above.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anbu

I will try to make it better for you ,probably my question was lil confusing to understand.

eg:

Condition 1

IF buy_sell = 'BUY' and xoptiontype_ = 'CALL' and market_value_1 <= strike_price

then it should show -1*(premium) else it should show its own else statement which is ((-1*(premium)+ (market_value_1-strike_price)) and then move to the next condition

the same thing for the rest of the conditions as well.

hence

buy/call

sell/call

buy/put

sell/put

should be iterated one after the other after it goes through its own conditions.

I wish this would explain my requirement better.

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Try this and make sure to correct cases of buy_sell and xoptiontype_

=if( buy_sell = 'BUY' and xoptiontype_ = 'CALL', If(market_value_1 <= strike_price,-1*(premium),((-1*(premium)+ (market_value_1-strike_price))))

,if( buy_sell = 'sell ' and xoptiontype_ = 'call', If( market_value_1 <= strike_price,+1*(premium),((+1*(premium)- (market_value_1-strike_price))))

,if( buy_sell = 'buy ' and xoptiontype_ = 'put',

If(market_value_1 <= strike_price,((-1*(premium)+ (strike_price-market_value_1))),-1*(premium))

,if( buy_sell = 'sell ' and xoptiontype_ = 'put',

If(market_value_1 <= strike_price,((+1*(premium)- (strike_price-market_value_1))),+1*(premium)) 

,0)

) 

))