Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
archana_g
Partner - Contributor III

comparing a value with a list of values in chart expression

Hi all,

I have a chart that calculates a value using aggr and avg functions. I need to compare this value to a set of another values in a table and show a rank value.

For eg:

Value calculated is say 89.19

Table

Values, Rank

80.3, 1

88.9 15

89.3 16

and so on. So my value should compare this table and since it falls between Rank 15 and 16 it should take the minimum rank out of it.

I need to use this expression in a line chart. Can someone help me.

Thanks in Advance.

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to show what exactly you have?

archana_g
Author

I somehow populated the chart using set analysis but the issue now is that the values are not changing based on dimension.error_1.png

now how i can make the value respond based on the dimension.

Expression:=max({<Goal<=avg(aggr(avg(aggr(avg(Score),subsection,department,dategroup))department,dategroup))>}Percentile_Rank)

Dimension :dategroup (cyclic group with month,quarter and year)

Thanks in advance

avinashelite

since you have aggr() function only the dimension with the aggr function will get reflected ...currently its will react for

subsection,department,dategroup

archana_g
Author

yes i understand that but the values are not changing for the Dategroup which is mentioned in the AGGR function.

avinashelite

Share the sample app will check and let you know

sunny_talwar

Your expression looks completely out of order, I wonder how it is even working. Besides, it will be very difficult to say what you would need without having a look at what you have got. Would you be able to share a sample?

archana_g
Author

sorry i have QV in my Client machine and would not be able to share a sample app.