Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

conditional result for the expression in nested if

Hello all !

In one of my table I have a column to display the price which comes in variable 'M' from a QVD. My dimension is the item name and the corresponding price (Here 'M') should be shown. I have to show the latest price if more than one price is available in the QVD. The column to identify the latest price is 'MonthYear'. Please help me in modifying the expression so that it will display the latest price.

So here we have to modify the expression part of first if , that is Max (M) . It should be Latest(M) according to MonthYear column.

If(Count(DISTINCT(M))>1,Max(M),if(Count(DISTINCT(M))=0,0,if(Count(DISTINCT(M))=1,M)))

-J

28 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes ! you are correct. In that case , Can we display the latest cum available value ? If so how we can modify the expression FirstSortedValue(MAPeur,-(YearNo&MonthNo)) to display it ?

-J

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

FirstSortedValue({<MAPeur={'*'}>} MAPeur , -Date#(Right(trim(MatPlantMMMYY), 7),'MMMYY'))

Not applicable
Author

This code works well in the sample report which i attached here, but it is not working in my actual report. I am still wondering where the gap is ! Anyway  I will take this as one solution !

BTW are you trimming MatPlantMMMYY by this ? -Date#(Right(trim(MatPlantMMMYY), 7),'MMMYY'))

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If so, please close this thread by marking correct/helpful answers.

Not applicable
Author

OK Sure ! But clarify this.

BTW are you trimming MatPlantMMMYY by this ? -Date#(Right(trim(MatPlantMMMYY), 7),'MMMYY'))

Because length of MatPlant in the MatPlantMMMYY will vary , I think this is the reason  I still get null for some of the items. please clarify

tresesco
MVP
MVP

One correction in date parsing format,  try like:

FirstSortedValue({<MAPeur={'*'}>} MAPeur , -Date#(Right(trim(MatPlantMMMYY), 7),'MMMYYYY'))

Not applicable
Author

Acceptable solution ! (Y)

tresesco
MVP
MVP

It's really hard to be appreciated by Bond. Really tough character. Great that finally I have been able to provide an acceptable solution.

Not applicable
Author

Yes ! You got it right !