Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

crosstable as date lookup

Hello,

I have produced a crosstable in QV 8.5 which reads dates from 01/07/2004 to 01/07/2009 in this format. I'd like to change the date into a numerical value so that it can be read within the application. E.g 01/03/2009 would be 39873, 01/04/2009 would be 39904 and 01/05/2009 would be 39934.

I have tried loading the data again in a resident load and naming this field num but the data isn't displayed. Is there a certain way that data in a crosstable needs to be formatted into numerics?

Regards, Paul

3 Replies
eric_dielessen
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I'm not sure if I nunderstand your question, but maybe this helps ... Select menu-option Settings|Document Properties and goto Tab Number. You can specify the format of your date there.

Not applicable
Author

In the laod script I have tried the following and it worked fine, can you upload the file....

num(Date) as date_num

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your replies. The num(dates)asDateID didn't produce any figures at all and showed as blank.

However i looked up crosstable in the community and came across the below code, which has worked.

Tmp:
Load Date(Date#(dates,'DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY') as DateID,
Resident <CROSS TABLE NAME>

Cheers, Paul