Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator

data alignment in pivot tabl

Please help me with putting data into pivot table

I am trying to get data for metrics under a  dates , but I am getting the dates in multiple rows(vertically)- attached P1

I need to get the date in column (horizontally) as -attached P2. Please help me tin achieving this.

8 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Can you please attach a sample app which you already worked on or at least some data. Doing this will help us to help you.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

See if the below attachment will work for you. If not can you please upload some sample data...

PivotTable_Help.jpg

qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Could you please help me with aligning the data in the pivot table ... I have attaced App and sample view to my original post.

I tried to drag the dimensions to left/right ... But it was not aligning.

sheet name "workingsheet"

I have fixed - linking two tables part. Iam able to get correct data... But unable to fix the alignment.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

As the fields are coming from different tables, I don't think you can get the columns the way you had it in "sampleview.xls". But take a look at the attached file and see if this is ok. When you open the file take a look at the tab "sheet14".

Formatted_Pivot_Table.jpg

qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

could you please tell how  you combined the dates? when I copied your table into my app, the 1st column date has disappeared

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What Are you expecting output

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

I have attached sample view to the post

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

For the first column date I created a separate text box to get that date. Go to that cell and copy the text box and paste it in your app. (It is just a text box, you can move it anywhere you want... just try it...)