cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III

data modeling

I have two tables ASDD and ADFG and i have a field FFFFF(cust ID) and there is no association for these two tables but i need to get the information based on cust id

Table ASDD: location,application num,application date,application source.

Table ADFG: CUST_ID

Finally i need Location->CUST_ID->application num->application date->,application source->application Status information in one table

3 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

If Cust ID is not common between these two tables? Which field is common between these two tables to create association between them.. If there is no such a field, you can't find the exact values.. Yes, by forcefully joining the two tables without any common field, you can create Cartesian join.. !

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Without any logical association, you can't effectively join (except cross join - which is not what you need I guess) two tables. Data modelling can't do a miracle for you. It's very simple, if there is an association (you can think of), you can associate them and fetch data from other table.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you need this in the script or in the front end? Assuming the latter:

I hope these tables are small. If there is no association, then QV needs to perform a Cartesian join between the tables to create your table box or straight table and this can easily run out of memory if the tables are large.

If they are small, simply add these fields as dimensions in a straight table (with expression =1) or as fields in a table box.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein