Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

error while calling oracle stored procedure via ODBC in qlikview

Hi,

I get following error when I try to call a oracle stored procedure inside qlikview via odbc.The ODBC allows read/write/update.I have enabled 'Open databases in read/write mode' in qlikview as well.

"may not perform insert/delete/update operation inside a READ ONLY transaction".

The same procedure runs fine in crystal report.

Please help.

Thanks,

Amar.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Oracle has a feature called readonly transaction. Its main purpose is to ensure that for the lifetime of the transaction the data will not change.

Imagine the following senario: You read the accounts table, and the first account has a balance of X USD. As you go through the table another user commit his changes. If the transaction debits an already read account and credits another that is not yet read the report will never balance.

This is avoided by issuing the "set transaction read only" command before running the report. Maybe qlik is (correctly) doing the same in the background before sending the sql/plsql to oracle.