Id      Orderdate     Suppdate     Deliverdate    
15-Apr5-Jan4-Feb
21-Feb3-Jan4-May
35-Mar5-Jan4-Feb
44-Jan12-Feb12-Mar
53-Apr3-Jan4-May
63-May5-Jan4-Feb
78-May12-Feb12-Mar

my requirement is , if i select any month /date , i need to get the total id based on the orderdate and deliverdate excluding suppdate . But however, all the dates are linked to master calender.

for example:

if i select apr or feb the first id should appear but if i select jan the first id should not appear.

can anyone help me with syntax

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think you need to implement a Canonical Date.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply ..

we tried but could not exclude the supp dates from the month/date we select .

marcus_sommer

If you used a single-master-calendar you will be by a selection always exclude all other values. Now you could overwrite these selection/excluding with set analysis within the expressions - but it could be quite complicated to cover with them a wide range of queries. I assume you won't have these single case - there will be probably many more query-combinations in this direction and also reverse.

Therefore I suggest to get as nearly as possible within the script and if the canonical dates couldn't completely cover your needs you migt to combine these approach with Why You sometimes should Load a Master Table several times.

- Marcus

sunny_talwar

May be if you can share a sample we might be able to play around with it to get a solution. Difficult to process it in the mind without trying it out

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sir, consider the above data as sample data .