Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

filtering out big amounts of data

Hi All,

I count on your help, as after some research I realized that in fact I don't even know how to ask one line question to mr Google to get some hints.

What I have:

- stock movement database (stock in, stock out transactions)

- over 1.3 mio records in the database

- all stock movements from 2008-2017

Important note: Each stock movement (stock in or stock out, has the stock in document number.

What I want to get: only those records, that contain "stock in document numbers" with some amounts (quantity and amount) still sitting on them.

How I wanted to get thowe records. I thought to load only the "stock-in document numbers" fulfilling condition <> 0, and then use the result of such load as a condition to my full data load. I have no idea if something like this is possible, or otherwise how to avoid filtering out hundreds of "Stock-in doc numbers" to get only those with some amounts still sitting on them???

Thanks for any help,

Robert

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

One additional comments for clarity. there is no "empty" stock transactions. by getting only those items (stock codes) containing some amounts for "stock-in documents" I meant filtering all those stock movements (stock in documents) where stock in = stock out between 3008 and 2017.