singbittoo
Creator
Creator

find max and min from top 10 limited values in a chart/table from three columns

DATACOL1COL2COL3
ROW1229
ROW2568
ROW3832

for example consider there are 10 rows , here in this straight table we are limiting dimension to show top 3 values based on COL1 ,

so when i am applying a logic to find max and min i am getting max and min from all the 10 rows but i need max and min values among all the COL's Just for the top 3 rows which i am showing here like in this case max = 9 and min = 2 .

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the expression you are using here?

May be like this:

RangeMax(COL1Expression, COL2Expression, COL3Expression)

RangeMin(COL1Expression, COL2Expression, COL3Expression)

singbittoo
Creator
Creator
Author

not really m just comparing values in if else statement "if(a>b and a>c, a , if(b>c,b,c)) " but it gives me min or max among all the rows for all the values .. what i need is min or max from the top ten values i am displaying (limiting top 10

values based on first dimension)

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi,

is this what You want ?

singbittoo
Creator
Creator
Author

let us say we have 5 rows as u have shown in ur table . but i am displaying  just top 3 rows (we still have 5 rows but just displaying 3 rows in chart ) and let us assume top 3 rows are ie; row1 , row2  , row3 (when we limit the rows according to some condition )

now when i find max and min among all the rows i will get 11 as max and 1 as min ,, but as i am displaying only top 3 rows i need max and min among top 3 rows that is max = 9 and min = 2 now how to do this i want to know ..

that is getting max and min values among the displaying rows which are limited (using dimention limit (second tab in the properties))

singbittoo
Creator
Creator
Author

and sorry i didnt saw ur post properly .. that is what i want