Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

forecast considering plan and actuals

Hello,

im trying to build a budget forecast and im at a point where I dont understand the calculation anymore or how to proceed from this point.

I have a monthly plan for 2016 (COST PLN) and im adding monthly actual data (COST BKD)

I use the following formula on my actual numbers (COST BKD) to get my "forecast" (COST FRCST).

=(if(sum(COSTBKD),sum(COSTBKD),

linest_m(total aggr(if(sum(COSTBKD),sum(COSTBKD)),MONTHDATE),MONTHDATE)*MONTHDATE

+num(linest_b(total aggr(if(sum(COSTBKD),sum(COSTBKD)),MONTHDATE),MONTHDATE),'#.##0')))/1000

I use MONTHDATE as the numeric month '00' because my MONTH dimension is calculated in the script as YYYYMM which did not work in the formula.

COSTCHRT.PNG

I have to admit I simply applied the formula without totally understanding but it seams to work.

My question is, I somehow want to include the already existing plan in relation to the monthly actuals to impact the forecast. A qualified forecast based on the actuals.

Does anyone have experience with that?

Can I include more factors in the linest function?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lucas

0 Replies