Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

getfieldselection function

hello all,

i have a little problem with this function.

i am tring to concat a list of selection from a Day field by using this function,

when i select 1 to 6 days i get the expected result, but,

when i select more than 6 days the result is 7 0f 30.

how can i get a list of day separated by ' , ' ?

thank you all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

There is a default restriction on how many values you can select. And QV by default allows you to select 6 values in the field. You need to use full syntax to overcome this issue. Please see below...

=GetFieldSelections([Day], ' ,',   COUNT(Total [Day]))

There are three parameters in this function, two of them are optional parameters and the third parameter has a default value which is 6. The first parameter will be the field name, second parameter is the delimiter character and finally the third parameter is numbers of values you wanted to see for this field. And you don't specify a value for this parameter then the default value will be 6. If you select more than 6 values in the field QV will show 7 of 30 or 10 of 30. I am guessing this restriction is to keep objects clean and easy. Which is fair and I agree with QV.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need further help.

Happy christmas.

Cheers - DV

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

There is a default restriction on how many values you can select. And QV by default allows you to select 6 values in the field. You need to use full syntax to overcome this issue. Please see below...

=GetFieldSelections([Day], ' ,',   COUNT(Total [Day]))

There are three parameters in this function, two of them are optional parameters and the third parameter has a default value which is 6. The first parameter will be the field name, second parameter is the delimiter character and finally the third parameter is numbers of values you wanted to see for this field. And you don't specify a value for this parameter then the default value will be 6. If you select more than 6 values in the field QV will show 7 of 30 or 10 of 30. I am guessing this restriction is to keep objects clean and easy. Which is fair and I agree with QV.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need further help.

Happy christmas.

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

thank you!!!

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I am glad you got it working.

Cheers - DV

www.qlikshare.com