Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

group dropdowns

Hi All

i have dimension in chart called ' Shipped Status', which has following drop down lists

• Shipped
  • Undershipped
  • Overshipped
  • WIP
  • Projection

So, in the Pivot table, I would like show in Shipped , undershipped and overshipped  in one column and WIP ,Projection in another columns

Appreciate if you help me out on this

BR

Jayanthan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Create two more dimensions as below

Dimension1

• Shipped
  • Undershipped
  • Overshipped

Dimension2

• WIP
  • Projection

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Create two more dimensions as below

Dimension1

• Shipped
  • Undershipped
  • Overshipped

Dimension2

• WIP
  • Projection

Regards

ASHFAQ

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Not sure if I fully understand your question (perhaps an image of what you're trying to acheive will help)

You could use set anaylsis;

Column 1 exp: =Sum ( { <[Dimension Field={'Shipped',Unsershipped','Overshipped'} > } [Field to Sum])

Column 2 exp:  =Sum ( { <[Dimension Field={'WIP','Projection'} > } [Field to Sum])

Richard

QlikCentral.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jayanthan,

you should be able to do this with a single new grouping dimension, in your load script do something like the below and use the resulting dimension in your pivot chart.

If(Match([Shipped Status],'Shipped','Undershipped','Overshipped') ,'Shipped Group',[Shipped Status]) As [Shipped Grouping]

That will give you a new dimension with the 3 shipped status all under a new single value and all others (WIP, Projection) as their own value, so you should get the column layout you want with just a single expression

hope that helps

Joe