Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

group dropdowns

Hi All

i have dimension in chart called ' Shipped Status', which has following drop down lists

• Shipped
  • Undershipped
  • Overshipped
  • WIP
  • Projection

So, in the Pivot table, I would like show in Shipped , undershipped and overshipped  in one column and WIP ,Projection in another columns

Appreciate if you help me out on this

BR

Jayanthan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Create two more dimensions as below

Dimension1

• Shipped
  • Undershipped
  • Overshipped

Dimension2

• WIP
  • Projection

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Create two more dimensions as below

Dimension1

• Shipped
  • Undershipped
  • Overshipped

Dimension2

• WIP
  • Projection

Regards

ASHFAQ

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Not sure if I fully understand your question (perhaps an image of what you're trying to acheive will help)

You could use set anaylsis;

Column 1 exp: =Sum ( { <[Dimension Field={'Shipped',Unsershipped','Overshipped'} > } [Field to Sum])

Column 2 exp:  =Sum ( { <[Dimension Field={'WIP','Projection'} > } [Field to Sum])

Richard

QlikCentral.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jayanthan,

you should be able to do this with a single new grouping dimension, in your load script do something like the below and use the resulting dimension in your pivot chart.

If(Match([Shipped Status],'Shipped','Undershipped','Overshipped') ,'Shipped Group',[Shipped Status]) As [Shipped Grouping]

That will give you a new dimension with the 3 shipped status all under a new single value and all others (WIP, Projection) as their own value, so you should get the column layout you want with just a single expression

hope that helps

Joe