Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III

head count

HI all,

i'm building the HR dashboard in that i need to calculate the headcount of the employee can anyone plz help me regarding this one

basically i'm struck in script part don't know where to start plz help me

i got tables like employees,internal candidate,external candidate,gender,employeetype etc

overall tables 20

i need to count the  employe statistics,headcount so on

12 Replies
Not applicable

Tenure is how long one employee worked for your company. Normally, it's today - hire date.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A few suggestions:

First define your business case. What do you want to show? "Rate, tenure and so on" is not much like a business case. Make an inventory of the different Questions you want to answer.

Then try to define how this business logic can be implemented. For example: for the calculation of Employee Tenure, what do you need and how do you calculate its value.

Then (and not least important), decide on your timeline. Will you report by month, by Quarter, by year, by week? How far do you want to go back? 2yrs? 5 yrs? 10 yrs? 100yrs?

Based on this case description, decide on what source tables you really need, and which ones you can throw out. Then try to merge the information in these tables. By simplifying your data model, your documents and objects will be easier to design & build.

Now, import the tables your really need in an empty QVW document. Once you get here, you will face the task of tuning your LOAD statements in order to create an efficient data model. That's where we can help with specific solutions for your problems.

Best,

Peter

nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

i used

Interval(today(1) -HireDate,'D') as days to calculate days

for calculating months

(((year(today(1))*12)+month(today(1))) - (((year([Hire Date])*12)+month([Hire Date]))))