Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

help --- Pivot table issue

I'm having an issue that I will try to describe as best as I can. I have a pivot table that has multiple dimensions (i.e Week, Product, Source, Destination). Right now, I have three expressions - one that shows the shipments, production cost, shipment cost, and total cost.

I also have an expression that looks at a different table to determine the top 3 cheapest sources for each product and how much it would cost to produce and ship from those sources. Whenever I have the pivot table completely collapsed so that it only shows the week... it shows the least cost providers which makes no sense.. because it should only show the least cost providers when the pivot table is expanded to show Week, Product, Source and Destination.

See attachment. It might help better understand what I'm talking about

5 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Before we start trying to solve this problems with functions like dimensionality(), it sounds like your table only makes sense fully expanded. Just select "Always Fully Expanded" under Presentation in the chart properties.

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Is there any other way around this? I still don't want to see total's for the 'Cheap' columns

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You could try using dimensionality() on your "Cheap" functions. For example: if(dimensionality()=4,only(cheap))

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Where do I use that function? In the script? Expression? Condition?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Chart expression