Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Straight table Click event

Hi,

I have a straight table with almost 10 columns each Cell has numbers which represent to each employee.

Requirement: On click of cell of straight table i want to display a new table which will have list of employees based on cell user click.

Is it possible ? if yes then how?

Need your suggestions and ideas if there is any possible ways.

Thanks

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

typo correction:

I have a straight table with almost 10 columns each Cell has numbers which is number of employee.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The straight table chart (and all other charts) have a Show->Condition expression on the layout tab where you can define the condition.

There is no way to capture a 'click in cell' on a straight table chart per se.

But if a user clicks on an 'expression' cell it will select a single value for each dimension in the chart. You can use that.

So if you had 2 dimensions Year and Region, then your show condition for the straight table chart is:

GetSelectedCount(Year)=1 and GetSelectedCount(Region)=1

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Its not straight forward.

But there are always workarounds available.

Need to know what type of calculation you have.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

I have an calculated Expression for example:

=(COUNT(DISTINCT{<sales={'>=0<=35'},[Status]={'*'}-{'0',''}>}[Eno])/count({< [Status]={'*'}-{'0',''}>}DISTINCT [Eno]))

In above expression i have filter on sales and status on the basis of it i am calculating it and separating it out.

above is 0-35, then i have 36-70,70-80 so on.

dimension is year.

now what i want is if i am clicking on any of the cell for example: if user clicking on cell which has a value 20 and its expression range 80-90 and corresponding year is 2009 then i should have both year and expression value as filter condition for another straight table which will display the list of Employees.

let me know if it is clear, if you wants a will post sample app or screenshot.

Thanks

Manish

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Maybe add a dummy dimension in the data model in a data island which has the different buckets as string values.

In the first chart t, add that dummy dimension and conditionally show the correct bucket for each row.

Then when the user selects the cell, you can grab the selected range from the dummy dimension (because the user is selecting on it) and take that into a a SET ANALYSIS statement in the expression(s) in the next table. The Year will pass as is because its in the selection state.

The show condition would be on the Year and the dummy dimension.

An example will help too as mentioned by Ashfaq