Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

hierarchy drill-down

Hi all,

i've defined a hierarchy group in a pivot table. (see qvw in attachment)

i start with drill in chart. first drill-down:

p1.JPG

result:

p2.JPG

after second drill down

p4.JPG

the drill jump to D4 and not to D3. This is right for how to is defined drill in qlik, but is not right for my logic. How can i solve thi problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hdonald
Creator
Creator

Hi,

The usual work-around is to add a null value in each category that will show a single row - see Rob Wunderlich's example qvw in this recent post for adding a null value for each dimension where there will be only one value on the drill.

http://community.qlik.com/message/133826#133826

It does mean you'll have to add something to the script to identify those rows and concatenate the extra nulls in - maybe like in the attached example - which gets more involved the more levels you have,

Regards,

HD

View solution in original post

2 Replies
hdonald
Creator
Creator

Hi,

The usual work-around is to add a null value in each category that will show a single row - see Rob Wunderlich's example qvw in this recent post for adding a null value for each dimension where there will be only one value on the drill.

http://community.qlik.com/message/133826#133826

It does mean you'll have to add something to the script to identify those rows and concatenate the extra nulls in - maybe like in the attached example - which gets more involved the more levels you have,

Regards,

HD

Not applicable
Author

Thx so much!

Obiuvsly your tip works only if the rows are loaded in order like this:

LOAD * INLINE [

D1, D2, D3, D4

A, fcs1, kpi1.1, 112

A, fcs1, kpi1.1, 113

A, fcs2, kpi2.1, 211

A, fcs2, kpi2.1, 212

A, fcs2, kpi2.2, 221

A, fcs3, kpi3.1, 311

A, fcs3, kpi3.2, 321

B, fcs4, kpi4.1, 411

B, fcs4, kpi4.1, 412

B, fcs4, kpi4.2, 421

B, fcs5, kpi5.1, 511

B, fcs5, kpi5.1, 512

B, fcs5, kpi5.1, 513

B, fcs5, kpi5.2, 521

B, fcs5, kpi5.2, 522

B, fcs6, kpi5.2, 523

];

otherwise function "previous" don't do the right thing.

Moreover i make an adjustment because in a case the tip doesn't works. The case is when there is one D1, one D2, one D3 but more than one D4. See attachment. In any case thank you so much for support!