Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

horizontal cumulation in pivot table

Hey Guys

I would like to add a column to my pivot table which cumulates the values up to the current month. At this point the table looks like this:

In other words, there should be a Column each time after "IST" that cumulates the "IST" values. Referring to this example it should look like this:

Unfortunately the function Cumulate as well as my set analysis formula isn't working. Could someone please help me with this problem?

regards

Sebastian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

Cum IST: =RangeSum(IST, before(Cum IST))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

Cum IST: =RangeSum(IST, before(Cum IST))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco - that worked like a charm, thank you very much!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tedesco,

Unfortunately i found some errors in the calculation:

If you look at the graphik above, all marked rows are being calculated wrong. The second last column (IST kum.) is the calculated cumulative sum (i exported the numbers to excel in order to make it more clear, in the actual report all the cumulative sums are available). The last column is the correct sum calculated in excel.

Has anyone an idea why this formula sometimes works and sometimes not? I couldn't find any patterns...

Thanks,

Sebastian

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try to share your sample qvw that demonstrates the issue. See: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and D... | Qlik Community