Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to count student lying below a range?

Hi All,

I need an urgent help.

let say i have a slider and i want to see students lying below that selected value on the slider.Suppose i select 10% on the slider,then according to that only 3 companies are lying below that,so my question is I need this count(i.e 3) in a text box.

Anyone knows how to calculate the number of companies below the selected value on slider(it can vary and depend on user ,he/she may select 10 or 20) .

student

rankmarkscumulative %
abc17565%
xyz26577%
def34549%
ghi435411%
jkl523112%
10 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Megha,

Do you want the count of companies whose comulative % is less than 10% ? Am i right?

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi jyothish,

You are right but the percentage is not fixed ,it can vary when we make any change in slider

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

try in text box,

count({<[cumulative %]={">=10%"}>}student)

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

I think it should not matter , take a benchmark % (eg 20 %). any thing below 20% will be counted.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Is this regarding QlikView or Qlik Sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlikview

Megha goyal

ESSEX Lake Group,LLC

Megha.goyal@essexlg.com

IN:+91 9650297106

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

ok I'll move the tread to the correct area.

Not applicable
Author

Actually its a variable.

COUNT({$< [cumulative %] = {">= $(vValueInSlider)"}>} student)

That should work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cumulative % is calculated on the basis of marks(i.e relative value of marks so as to compare it with the slider value) and it is in pivot table.How I can use this cumulative % result to count the no. Of students in a texbox below the slider range .Example ,only top 3 students contribute to 10 % of the total marks.so my output will be 3 in a separate text box below that pivot table