Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

how to properly leverage intellisense/autocomplete? What am I missing?

I have been using Qlik for 5 years and one of the most useless and annoying features in both QlikView and QlikSense is how it will autocomplete as you type. For example when entering an expression on a QlikView chart, you may start typing and a field name will appear...then you hit tab and the field name is now inserted with single quotes around it, forcing you to backspace and replace the quotes with brackets in order for it to work.

For example you get:

='Last Week'-'Last Week Bud'

as your formula instead of

=[Last Week]-[Last Week Bud]

What am I doing wrong? This would save hours to know how to use this feature properly!

2 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I use version 12.10 and when I tab I do not get single quotes around the field name.

daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I think the issue for me is that I am referencing "Labels" which it interprets as literals. So the field names are ok; no quotes or brackets inserted. But typically what I want to do is add a third expression based on the difference between the first two expressions. For example column c is column a - column b.