Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gizzel123
Creator
Creator

how to "group by" values in the dimension

Hi All ,

I have a table. having fields project_no, region and milestone_type-1,milestone_type-2.

the requirement is  to display a  straight table with fields region ,milestone_type-1,milestone_type-2.

Regionmilestone_type-1milestone_type-2
Australia2376
North  America5634

but the issue here is , the current table is  giving as many times  as the entry,I want to group by the 2nd and 3rd dimension by the Region dimension.like

Regionmilestone_type-1milestone_type-2
Australia2245
Australia334657
North  America5489
North  America5689

Please help, it is very critical.

PS: There are other constraints  that I can only  use milestone_type-1,milestone_type-2 in dimensions because there has to be triggers based on those fields selection, So I cant use them in Expression.

4 Replies
Not applicable

load

sum(milestone_type-1) as milestone_type-1,

sum(milestone_type-2) as milestone_type-2,

Region

From TableName group by Region;

jopmoekotte
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Gizzel,

Can you elaborate on your question?

As you show your result, QlikView shows each row that has a unique combination of values. So actually it works as it should. Do you want to show the latest entry on a country, do you want to show the maximum value of milestone_type2?

The information you posted is not enough to solve the problem.

Regards,

Jop

gizzel123
Creator
Creator
Author

this will not suffice my requirement as when I ll drill by project, it will not.

gizzel123
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jop,

taking avg first  level will work. but there must be a relation between the avg(milestone_type2),avg(milestone_type1) and project_no.