Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to remove timestamp from monthend function?

Hi all,

Please an some one help me out with the below issue??

In my script I have a row as below:

Monthend(Month)   as expiry_date,

the  expiry date resultant is presently as 31/1/2016 11:59:59 PM but I want to remove the time stamp from the same in the script level or make the timestamp 0,so that my out put comes after reloading as only 31/1/2016.How is this possible?? please can someone help me??

regards,

Sahana

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

thanks for all your valuable responses.:)

ok... actually the reason behind getting time stamp 12:00:00. is because we are calculating values without considering the time stamps of date fields,but from today() function which is used it wasn't working so the question.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If your expiry_date has a value like: 31/1/2016 11:59:59 PM you can truncate the fractional part using floor() like:

Load

Floor(expiry_date) as ExpiryDate

Now in the front-end you are having an integer 42400 equivalent to the date 31/1/2016. If you divide this date difference from today() which is equivalent to 41828 it becomes -

(42400-41828)/365

=572/365

=1.56

Now if you use timestamp() on it, you can't expect a 00:00 because of the fractional part of your result. And here it is clear that - that is not because of today(), but because of simple math - division by 365.  Hope this helps.