Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omid5ive
Creator II
Creator II

how to show other values in bar chart

Hi

I want to use bar chart and i want to limit my dimension to top 10 (for example)

but i want to have ability when i click on others value on my chart, the chart show the details of dimension

for example if i have a chart with sum of sales in each city, at first i want to show top 10 city with highest amount of sale and one bar that contain the sum of the sales of other city. but when the user click on other bar, the chart show the city that contain in others bar.

is there any way to handle this?

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

have you tried to set your configuration in dimension limit tab?

You can check "show other" option.

I made some tests and I saw that if you click on Other bar, the selection is made on the others values of the dimension that aren't displayed in a first time. But, if there are more than 10 values that are considered in "others", in your scenario, chart will display 10 bars with again others bar as so on until there are no more values available.

omid5ive
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Elena

can you send me your sample. because i used show others too but it didn't work

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Omid,

try to see this attachment.

Let me know

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try with dimension limits

omid5ive
Creator II
Creator II
Author

sorry but i downloaded it and test it but when i click on others bar it doesn't happened any thing

omid5ive
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i used it but its not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nooooo

Maybe the version? I used QV 11 SR1

Not applicable

works fine for me too, SR7

omid5ive