Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to store table read by macro in a variable??

i have a table rows and columns read by macro code -

Sub ReadStraightTable

Set Table = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject( "CH05" )

For RowIter = 1 to table.GetRowCount-1

For ColIter = 2 to table.GetColumnCount-1

set cell = table.GetCell(RowIter,ColIter)

MsgBox(cell.Text)

Next

Next

End Sub

Now i have to store it in a a variable?? any clue or help needed.

17 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't store a table in a variable. Well, not a Qlikview variable. I suppose you could store it in a vbscript variable. But more importantly... what are you trying to achieve anyway?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

hello gysbert,

i want to calculate xirr , but i want the values should come from table in qlikview(which is dynamic)  and i want to print xirr value in a text box object, in text box object it should take input as the variables or by table object id.

Not applicable
Author

Im trying to calculate xirr , but the values should come from straight table(which is dynamic i.e. its user dependent selection  based)  that is in qlikview and then i want a text box in which the xirr will be displayed. the text box input parameter should be variables. and if i store it in vb script variable, then how should i use it as parameter in text box for any calculation??

Gysbert_Wassenaar

but the values should come from straight table(which is dynamic i.e. its user dependent selection  based

The XIRR function of Qlikview is also dependent on user selections.

Not applicable
Author

OK but i want to store the output of cells into vb variable so that i can use it to calculate in table box by just passing varaible names , lik for eg. xirr(var1,var2). now in this it wil calculate only if var1 is holding all dates and var2 is holding all amounts.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why? What's wrong with calculating it directly using an expression?

Not applicable
Author

have a look at attachment.

i want to calculate the xirr based on xirr_date and xirr_payment from table ch05 and the table changes accroding to the date in the left hand side. now i am getting to read values from the table ch05 now i want to store the amount in variable vValue1 and date in variable vValue 2 and then pass it to text box as xirr(vValue1,vValue2).  can you help me out with this.

thanks.

Not applicable
Author

hello Gysbert

plz have a look at this attachment, now im able to read column 2 and column 3 that is date and amount, now i want to store the first column values in var 1 and second amount column in var 2 . so i can pass it to text box for xirr calc, as xirr(val1, val2). if you could help me with this.

thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sorry, that just makes totally no sense at all to me. I have no idea what on earth you're trying to do.