cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to use count and cast functions in qlikview

Namaste to all

could you please tell me, how to write the below sql query in qlikview

SELECT CAST(DT_CREAT AS DATE) , Count(*) from Autopallet_registration GROUP BY  CAST(DT_CREAT AS DATE)

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

sorry for the late reply. I will not have access to my VPN in the weekend, so, i couldnt work with the code,. that you gave .

I dont know,  i am unable to get the result with the code that you gave.. I am getting the error as shown below, when i use the code that you gave.

May i ask you, how can we count the DT_CREAT, as i told u earlier, it has time stamp, so we cant group that column since, it qill have different value for each column depending on the time?

below is the error i get

qv.png

but i got the required result with the below code, by counting the other column and grouping ti

DayName(DT_CREAT) , //AS Date_Created,

Count(ID_PLANT) AS Count1

Group By

DayName(DT_CREAT);

select * from Autopallet_registration

but, here i cam counting the other column, but i would like to count using the DT_CREAT column, is it possible

thanks

erivera10
Creator
Creator

It is a source error, check that you have correctly configured the ODBC or OLE DB connection, make the connection test, if the connection works, try to bring a clean table, without modifications, or try to improve DBeaver Query works. Make sure you have a connection, existing table, and other commands.