Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to use count and cast functions in qlikview

Namaste to all

could you please tell me, how to write the below sql query in qlikview

SELECT CAST(DT_CREAT AS DATE) , Count(*) from Autopallet_registration GROUP BY  CAST(DT_CREAT AS DATE)

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

sorry for the late reply. I will not have access to my VPN in the weekend, so, i couldnt work with the code,. that you gave .

I dont know,  i am unable to get the result with the code that you gave.. I am getting the error as shown below, when i use the code that you gave.

May i ask you, how can we count the DT_CREAT, as i told u earlier, it has time stamp, so we cant group that column since, it qill have different value for each column depending on the time?

below is the error i get

qv.png

but i got the required result with the below code, by counting the other column and grouping ti

DayName(DT_CREAT) , //AS Date_Created,

Count(ID_PLANT) AS Count1

Group By

DayName(DT_CREAT);

select * from Autopallet_registration

but, here i cam counting the other column, but i would like to count using the DT_CREAT column, is it possible

thanks

erivera10
Creator
Creator

It is a source error, check that you have correctly configured the ODBC or OLE DB connection, make the connection test, if the connection works, try to bring a clean table, without modifications, or try to improve DBeaver Query works. Make sure you have a connection, existing table, and other commands.