Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

if statement to select highest value

Hi,

i am working on a piece of code in which I want to select the highest value. Max() should by all means work however I pulling the data in from another table in which it holds several of the data types I am looking for.

Eg. I am looking for MD, and there are 3 MD characteristics in the spreadsheet so using sum will give me 301. 301 is the highest value so I want to show that but using max() gives me 180, one of the vales for MD. Using max(sum()) is obviously garbage.

Can anyone help me on this, is there a way of using an if statement to recognise that 301 is the highest value?

My code to get the 301 is sum{<SPREADSHEET.Data={"MD"}>} BILL_SQ)

.Thanks in advance,
mckay9999

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm betting that max(aggr(sum())) is involved, but it's very unclear to me from your explanation what you specifically need. Possibly this:

max(aggr(sum(BILL_SQ),SPREADSHEET.Data))

spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Could you explain the issue with some sample data values.......

Regards,

Ajay

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for not explaning enough. Right

-Im pulling data from a table (SQI). to get this data im using a spreadsheet- so the line spreadsheet.data="MD" is looking for things on the SQI by filtering through the spreadsheet. Pulling the data, which is categorised as MD.

-On qlikview, I have a table that tells you all the months and what the MD is for each month. i'm trying to create a column in which I have the max MD, so users can select this instead of filtering through the report looking for the highest.

-On the sqi table there are several MD characteristics, thus why I'm using sum(). When I use max, it selects the highest MD, but not the highest sum of MD.

a sample of data-

Month/MD
Jan- 160
Feb- 120
Mar- 0
Apr- 301
May- 250
Jun- 279
Jul- 134
Aug- 18

Hope this is enough, thanks for your replies