Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
On May 18th at 10AM EDT we will answer your QlikView questions live. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

# in Set Expression (Calc)

{$(#=FWeek-100)}

why Cant i just do (Fweek - 100) in my set expression, it doesnt seem to work an an example in help pointed me towards the syntax #=FWeek-100, But Why, whats the significnce of the # and if its just a variable being declared why cant I use x = val = etc

theres nothing in help about # being a special character ?

ColinR

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
MVP
MVP

You can't just do (FWeek-100) in your set expression because it will be interpreted as a text literal, and you'll be looking for the value '(FWeek-100)', which won't exist. The $(=...) format is a dollar sign expansion, which tells QlikView to actually interpret what you wrote instead of just treating it as a text literal. The # says to interpret the result as a number, which should already be the case if FWeek is a number, so it shouldn't be necessary here. You are not declaring # to be a variable, so you can't use some other name.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
MVP
MVP

You can't just do (FWeek-100) in your set expression because it will be interpreted as a text literal, and you'll be looking for the value '(FWeek-100)', which won't exist. The $(=...) format is a dollar sign expansion, which tells QlikView to actually interpret what you wrote instead of just treating it as a text literal. The # says to interpret the result as a number, which should already be the case if FWeek is a number, so it shouldn't be necessary here. You are not declaring # to be a variable, so you can't use some other name.

View solution in original post

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

Excellent explanation