Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankhuning
Contributor III
Contributor III

installation nprinting server 17 - Error trying to open the page

Hi,

I am trying to install nprinting server september 2018 on our Qlikview server 12 (Windows server 2008 R2).

Installation went well, however when I try to open the webpage:

https://localhost:4993 to enter my license key and number I receive the following error:
NprintingError.PNG

Services are running:

Services NPrinting server is running with local admin account.

Services NPrinting Web Engine is running with local admin account.

Service NPrintingMessagingService is running with network service.

I've tried a few things:

Disabling the firewall

Different browsers

Checking some browser settings

Now I run out of ideas. Is there another way to enter the license information?

Cheers,

Frank

11 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Frank, after installing the url should ask for credentials and ask for a license to apply, I don't know why this error is showing.

Maybe the webengine logs gives more info, go to the end of the log and check for any reported error.

Logs are located in C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\Logs

frankhuning
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes that's right, thats what the installation video shows and what I expected to happen. 

I've checked the logs, but I didn't find any useful information reagarding this.

Frank

rubenmarin

And when you click on the 'Login' button nothing happens?

Maybe adding the url to the trusted sites zone in IE can help to avoid a possible limitation on browser.

frankhuning
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruben,

when I press the login button, a postback is triggered, but it still shows the same message.

The url was already added to the trusted site zone in IE.

I was wondering, do you know if the server tries to contact a Qlik license server outside our network? 

Frank

rubenmarin

I'm not 100% sure but I think I have installed some copying the LEF because there was no connection on server at installation time.

100% sure I did but I don't remember if it was NPrinting or another Qlik Product.

frankhuning
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I think you can install qlikview server and register your license by generating and copying the LEF content into a textbox. But this is not possible for nprinting server, unfortunately.

rubenmarin

It's strange beacuse it looks like NPrinting is openening (shows capton and login button) and then gives an error... but nothing shows in none of the logs?

I have found some issues and logs were gives a lot of help, not to give a solution but giving a hint of what's happening. There is the option to increase log levels, but sometimes nothing is added to the current issue:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2018/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Troubleshootin...

Restart of the services works ok? not any warning/error on logs?

frankhuning
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruben,

I've added the log file (DEBUG level) to this threat. 

I have restarted the service (nprinting Web Engine) and there are no errors or warnings in windows event viewer.

Frank

rubenmarin

There is a fatal error showing "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LICENSE VIOLATIONS DETECTED", wich I don't remember if it's normal, because at first start there should be no license applied, so probably that error at this time is ok.

Other logs in C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\Logs don't show any additional info?