Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

interactive sort with RowNo(Total) does not work

I add the expression RowNo(Total) to a table and the interactive sort on all other expressions does not work anymore.

Please see attached example.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Daniel

PS: there is as similar question, suggesting to remove the text-sort criteria - which does not solve my problem.

17 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Don't know if this is a bug but it's documented in the Reference Manual under the RowNo() that charts will not be ordered by Y value nor straight tables by expressions.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

I know you've probably figured out another workaround by now, but I wanted to offer a suggestion that I just tried and worked.

I added an Expression that does a Count(Distinct ID) of a unique field in the straight table. In my case, it is an ID. I chose the Full Accumulation box for this Expression. This solves the Row # problem and allows all Expressions to be sorted.

Thanks,

Aline Koch

Not applicable
Author

this is working well.but u have to sort by expression sum(sales) desc

thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

Alternatively you can add an expression "=1" with Full Accumulation to get the same result.

Lionel

Not applicable
Author

Aline.Koch and LionelBdv: Thank you for your responses! They worked great for me for this problem

m_m_fr
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

and Hi Aline.Koch and LionelBdv,

I'm having the same issue :

I added a RowNo(Total) Expression in order to put a number on each line, but impossible to sort my expressions.

=> Can you send me a QV app to see how you manage to succeed ?

Thank you.

shokyee4869
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Could you provide an example or sample? We would like to know how you solve this problem.

Thank you

somebody555
Contributor
Contributor

I have same problem with RowNo(TOTAL)

And I cannot add Full Accumulation (I have  more that two dimension in table).

Please help!