Did you mean: 
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III

is my set analysis is correct? Please help

Hi,

I have a if function with the following conditions:

if((not match([Product Type],'DE','PA','RE','SA','CE','AA','VA','5M','FA') and

[Sales Trn Detail DCIO TRADE IND] =1 and [Trans Trade Class]='S' and not match([Trans Status Code],'D')), sum([Sales Amount USD]))

and I have replaced it with the following set analysis:

sum({$<[Product Type]-= {'DE','PA','RE','SA','CE','AA','VA','5M','FA'},[Sales Trn Detail DCIO TRADE IND]={1},[Trans Trade Class]={'S'},[Trans Status Code] -= {'D'}>}[Sales Amount USD])

and they gives me different result for me.

Please help me if anything is wrong in my set analysis.

Thanks,

Sandip

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this?

sum({$<[Product Type]-= {'DE','PA','RE','SA','CE','AA','VA','5M','FA'},[Sales Trn Detail DCIO TRADE IND]={1},[Trans Trade Class]={'S'}>+<[Trans Status Code] -= {'D'}>} [Sales Amount USD])

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
avinashelite

Try like this

sum({$<[Product Type]= {"*"}-{'DE','PA','RE','SA','CE','AA','VA','5M','FA'},[Sales Trn Detail DCIO TRADE IND]={1},[Trans Trade Class]={'S'},[Trans Status Code] = {"*"}- {'D'}>}[Sales Amount USD])

Kushal_Chawda

It's always better to create the Flag in script for long conditions to make expression simpler

LOAD *,

if((not match([Product Type],'DE','PA','RE','SA','CE','AA','VA','5M','FA') and

[Sales Trn Detail DCIO TRADE IND] =1 and [Trans Trade Class]='S' and not match([Trans Status Code],'D')), 1) as Flag

Expression:

=Sum({<Flag={1}>} [Sales Amount USD])

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Sandip,

may be because Set Analysis is per chart, non per Row.

If() is per Row.

Regards,

Antonio

nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II

Hi There,

This could be happening for a number of reasons.  Some suggestions:

1)  Are any of your [Product Type] or [Trans Status Code] values (or fields associated with them) nulls ?  -= in Set Analysis will work differently to "not match" in these cases

2)  Are you sure that the Product Type values, for instance, are not repeated in a way you're not anticipating?  I've attached an example of how similar expressions can "go wrong" based on the underlying data.

The particular way in which your result is wrong, or some sample data would be helpful.  Is the Set Analysis returning a lower value than you're expecting?  A higher value?

sunny_talwar

Are there nulls in Product Type or Trans Status Code fields?

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

May be try

sum({1<[Product Type]-= {'DE','PA','RE','SA','CE','AA','VA','5M','FA'},[Sales Trn Detail DCIO TRADE IND]={1},[Trans Trade Class]={'S'},[Trans Status Code] -= {'D'}>}[Sales Amount USD])