Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

issue with version number

Hi all,

I have created a pivot table as Proj ID,Proj Name,Client,Members,invoice no, Version number,% alocated etc as dimensions. and i need to get the amount.

for each project there can be multiple versions,so i need to show the project with the latest version.so for tht in the script itself i have created a field called maxversion Number grouped by Project Id.

each projects may have Multiple invoices.and in a project there can be multiple members so in expression in order to get the amount allocated for each member i have multiplied the amount with % allocated. and used aggregation based on invoice number,member,percentage allocated and project id.

and along with tht i have added a condition where version number=max version number, amount. but when i am applying the same the values are showin wrong. when i remove the max version number from the expression it is showin crct amount . any idea,y dis is happening??

6 Replies
avinashelite

I think the where condition giving the problem because here your not grouping the data. try to make the calculation on the grouping table that will solve your issues.

or once you have the version from the group by table , create a composite key and join this table with the old table, so that you will get the new version along with the old version and data

Not applicable
Author

hi...

i have added the max_version number as my dimension. and if i remove the condition from my expression,when the table is fully expanded then it will show crrct values and if i collapse bfore version number it is showin duplicate values.

avinashelite

ya, when you give max(version) it will take the max for version for the whole data , that s why your getting wrong result.

try like aggr(max(version), Proj ID)

this will give the max version number for that project

avinashelite

you need to create the max version column in the script itself , because when you collapse it will happen like that only.

Not applicable
Author

hi..

i have done the same..

in script i created a filed max version number as a separate table. group y Project id.is it that crrct??

can we use aggr(max(version), Proj ID) in the same table??

avinashelite

can you please share the app??