Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

issues loading data from my temp table (information loaded from Excel) into the Facts table

Hi,

I thought my problem was resolved but i am still having issues loading data from my temp table (information loaded from Excel) into the Facts table.  The information loads into the temp table correctly:-

The fact table is blank.

What can i check?

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I assume that's not the full script - you are concatenating to Facts, but when is Facts loaded?

Your date logic in the concatenation is a bit contorted and may be problematic, rather use the date functions than string mangling

Date(MonthStart(TargetDate), 'YYYYMM') As %DateKey,

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Check the #Tip5 here: Qlik Community Tip: Posting Successful Discussion Threads   (sorry that's not the answer)

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You need to provide a lot more information - its hard to debug a script if you don't know what's in it.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

attached is the script i am using

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Is this your complete script? Hope not. There has to be a table called 'Facts' that has been loaded before this code section, right?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I assume that's not the full script - you are concatenating to Facts, but when is Facts loaded?

Your date logic in the concatenation is a bit contorted and may be problematic, rather use the date functions than string mangling

Date(MonthStart(TargetDate), 'YYYYMM') As %DateKey,

PrashantSangle

Hi,

When you do crosstable concept with date field then your date field is converted into text format.

therefore if you want to change its format then use

Date(num#(fieldName,'YourDateFormat')

by using above syntax you can avoid MakeDate() and Num() from your script

try

Date(num#(TargetDate),'YYYY/MM/DD') as %DateKey

instead of

MakeDate(num(right(TargetDate,4)),num(mid(TargetDate,3,2)),1) as %DateKey,

also provide us what kind of data is available in fact table.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂