Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yadav_anil782
Creator II
Creator II

join solution require

Hi experts,

I have two table " invoice detaisl"and  "payments  details"I need to  join both table with the coulumn name is "INVOICE_ID" is coumn field.chalages is  in join is "inovice id " in invoice details table is repeting  and there are unique invoice id given in payments deyails table . So now I need help that what  to do to join both table and make only one table because this table I need to add in my final application and i dont want to put these both table there  , i want only single tabel with all information from these both table

i have attached excel sheet wiht both table

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Isn't there any date field in your Invoice Table?

Except Invoice ID which are the other fields common between two tables?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why do you need only one table? It doesn't matter for the front end if there's only one table or two properly associated tables. Just rename INVOICE_ID to [invoice id] and your two tables should be linked correctly.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

It is not mandatory to join the tables into one table, you can have multiple tables which are linked properly.  So rename the INVOICE_ID to common case(For example: Invoice_ID) in both the tables, then this tables will join automatically.

Example:

Table1:

LOAD

INVOICE_ID  AS Invoice_ID,

'

'

'

FROM FileName;

Table2:

LOAD

[invoice id] AS Invoice_ID,

'

'

'

FROM FileName;

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

yadav_anil782
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i need to put this table in my final application there already are morethen 6-7 tables so thats the reson i want only one table

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Anil,

If you have Many to Many join then records will be duplicated and sometimes some values will be duplicated, so better not to join those, including single table or multiple is not going to have much difference.

Regards,

Jagan.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

So what? There can be dozens of tables in the model. As long as they're properly associated that's not a problem. Anyway, you already know that you need to rename fields either to link or to join the tables.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
yadav_anil782
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All,

i think my   require solution was diffrent , let me explain again

my main motive is only i want  to make  single table  from these two tbales.  , because  i dont want to put these 2 table in my final appication there are already more then 6-7 tables are there