Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

keeping the dimension order the same after selection/filter

I have four charts, and I have an expression for the 4th chart, as follows to avoid filter `Job' being applied to it. =sum({<job=>}Sales). 

TestName      Roomtype    Job     Type1     Type2          Type3          Type4

AN                         large                        1          4                  1              6

BN                         small                      3         1                    1              7

CN                         medium                2            1               5              1

After the filter Job = Type3 is applied, it puts the Type3 column in the very first column for the 4th chart.  Example below in red. How can I have it displayed in ascending order after the filter is applied: example: Type1     Type2      Type 3     Type4

TestName     Roomtype     Job          Type3     Type1          Type2          Type4

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Referring to this on your other post:

Monalisa01 said:

So Job is not one of the options that is displayed within sort, so this is what I did, within sort, select any one of the dimensions, in my example above I would select Testname and add expression =job then select ascending order and text (A-Z).

Change that to be =only({1}job) and it will ignore selections.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Referring to this on your other post:

Monalisa01 said:

So Job is not one of the options that is displayed within sort, so this is what I did, within sort, select any one of the dimensions, in my example above I would select Testname and add expression =job then select ascending order and text (A-Z).

Change that to be =only({1}job) and it will ignore selections.

Not applicable
Author

Nicole Smith you are the best. Thank you very much, that worked like a charm

Not applicable
Author

Nicole Smith Hello,

Apparently this =only({1}job) works when you first add the expression.  When I come out and save out of it and go back in again, it does not work.  And it also does not work when I publish the dashboard. 

Any ideas.

Nicole-Smith

It should always work (I've used the same thing on many of my dashboards).  If you're seeing something different, you'll need to post a .qvw file.

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Not applicable
Author

Seems like it is working now.  Thanks for your prompt response.