Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II

label Issue

Hi Good Morning to All,

Capture.PNG

i have one straight table like this ,here problem is circled one is label

the next sheet i created one more table having all detail information about different business

when i click that label i just want to move the detail sheet

how can i make label as click format

Best Regards,

Niranjan

12 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can have a trigger that checks if only one of the problems are selected. If one single problem is selected then you can hide the current sheet and show the sheet with the details.

This is a little bit "risky" since there could possibly be other events than just clicking on the label that leads to only one label being selected - so the logic is not fail-safe.

The steps:

1) Create two variables named vShowMain and vShowDetails and assign the number 1 to each of them

2) Create the two sheets - one for the Details and one for the Overview (unless you already want to use your main sheet)

3) The Overview sheet needs a Show Sheet - Conditional that you can specify on the properties of the sheet like this:

vShowMain

4) The Details sheet needs a Show Sheet - Conditional

vShowDetails

5) Go to the Settings / Document Properties and the Triggers tab and select your field in

the Field Event Triggers listbox  then press the On Select - Add Action(s) Button and add two actions

of type External , Set Variable:

variable: vShowMain

value:    If( Count(DISTINCT TheLabel) = 1 , 0 , 1 )

variable: vShowDetails

value:    If( Count(DISTINCT TheLabel) = 1 , 1 , 0 )

6) On the Details sheet you need some way of deselecting the single label so you can "leave" the sheet.

It could be made by having a button with this Action:

Selection / Select in Field:

Field: TheLabel     (use the actual field that is displaying the label ... not the column header)

NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Petter,

Many Thanks for your reply

i have 60 expression if can i select any one of expression from first chart

the same expression details i want to show in my details sheet

but label i can't able to select

if its required please find the my attachement

Many Thanks,

Niranjan

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you saying that you can't select any value in the label column? Are you using a Straight Table or a Pivot Table?

NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes exactly Sorry its pivot table

Capture.PNG1.PNG

when i click this label second sheet i m using same label expression for detail view

the same way for 60 expression every label i want to show the detail view

any way can i make label Click format

Best Regards,

Niranjan

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

So it works for you?

NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

im not able to do that i attached sample app

can you please show me how we can achieve this problem

Many Thanks

Niranjan

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am sorry - I don't know of any way to achieve this in a Pivot Table that is embedded in a container seven times. With one single Pivot Table you could have a button for each of the rows to the right left of the first column. But with seven pivot tables there is no way that I know of to be able to detect which of the container objects are visible.

The only solution to this as far as I know is to abandon the container and emulate the container appearance with buttons instead and hiding and showing each pivot table. Then you could achieve this with buttons and detecting which of the pivot tables are currently active.

NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

if can we achieve with one pivot table i will remove using Container object

above im using one list box if you select any value from list box details view sheet will appear

there im showing percentages also in list box, if nothing will work im planning to use that technique

Best Regards,

Niranjan

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think I can give you an example based on your Sample Application. But I am running out of time now for an appointment. Maybe I will be able to have a look at it later today or tomorrow.