Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

'last month selected' as a modifier

Hello Community,

I'm trying to retreive the 'Closing Stock'  for a group of records. I only want to show the last closing stock (stored in a field [ST], which means that if I'm reporting on the enitre FY2013, then I only want to see the closing stock for the last month selected (in this case June).

How do I make this into a modifier??

Thanks for any help.

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

you have couple of options :

1.assuming all products have closing stock reports in last month

then you can use sum({<Month={"$(=max(Month))"}>}ST)

2. you can use firstsorted value , for this i will assume you have a date field in the table with the closing stock data

so you can use somthing like sum(firstsortedvalue(ST,-DateField))

hope it helps you

Not applicable
Author

Hello liron,

Thank you very much for your answer... but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work.

Solution 1 didn't (surprisingly) and Solution 2 didn't think it would work because there is more than one figure for on category of products in any one month. firtsortedvalue() is the first thing I'd tried but apparently if more than one value is returned, than the answer is 0. Is that right?

Maybe I'm missing something in the script.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Closing Stock : I guess it has to be a single value for a date. If so, then using firstsortedvalue() sorted against date field would return single value. That should work.

Not applicable
Author

Maybe I should aggregate in the script so to have a single value?
I'll do some testing and get back to you both. Thanks!