Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III

limit to number of qvd files to create and then upload?

Hi all

a.     Happy Christmas

b.      I thought I would quickly "do a favour" and load some data into Qlikview but:

the file has 4 sheets - they should all have the same column headings but they don't - I can fix this...

I created the 4 qvd files.  average of 24,000 rows each.

I saved the files with the names: Rpt1516.qvd, Rtp1415.qvd, Rpt1314.qvd, Rpt1213.qvd

thinking I could then load * from Rpt*.qvd.

All goes well - seems to load very quickly but then the "close" button does not work - just hangs ...

Any thoughts?

I will read them on Wednesday after holidays

Jo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Because your tables haven't exactly the same datastructure they won't be automatically concatenated else you get 4 different tables which probably share a lot of common fields which cause multiple synthetic keys - which needs a lot of time and resources to be calculated - on your system hangs on them.

In this cases you need to clean/prepare your sources or you need a different load-approach by removing the wildcard-load with a filelist-loop in which you could force a concatenation (and if necessary doing a lot of further checkings or adjustments). See here a very easy example of what is meant: Re: In context of For Each ... FileList(), how to make NoConcatenate.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Which close button you are referring? Can you send screen shot of that close option

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

Because your tables haven't exactly the same datastructure they won't be automatically concatenated else you get 4 different tables which probably share a lot of common fields which cause multiple synthetic keys - which needs a lot of time and resources to be calculated - on your system hangs on them.

In this cases you need to clean/prepare your sources or you need a different load-approach by removing the wildcard-load with a filelist-loop in which you could force a concatenation (and if necessary doing a lot of further checkings or adjustments). See here a very easy example of what is meant: Re: In context of For Each ... FileList(), how to make NoConcatenate.

- Marcus

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No limit. As Marcus says, simply loading them will make a mess. Use this method instead:

Data:

LOAD 0 As SomeField Autogenerate 0;

Concatenate(Data)

LOAD * From Rpt*.qvd (qvd);

Pick an arbitrary field from data and replace 'SomeField' with the name of that field - then there will be nothing to clean up.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
avinashelite

To add point ..

you could add the QUALIFY *  key world and UNQUALIFY  the fields you want to link

josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus i am sorry but I cannot do a Correct answer - question answered from this screen???  It is not available anywhere I can see!

J