Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arethaking
Creator II
Creator II

line chart

Hi All,

I want to show line style thick.

How to achieve as shown in the second screen?

Thanks in advance.

Current:

Capture.PNG

Requirement:

Capture1.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

I think it is not possible with this style.  It is possible when you select a line.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

I think it is not possible with this style.  It is possible when you select a line.

Regards,

Jagan.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Okay, it may not be sensible to do this way, but this shameless hack will give the look you are after:

2016-10-11_07-14-23.png

I've done this by adding an extra expression, with a fixed value.  When this is stacked on top of the filled area it gives the impression of a thicker line.  Having a second expression causes a legend to show, so you will want to turn that off for both expressions.

2016-10-11_07-10-54.png

Also, to make the export not show the second expression you will need to fast change the chart to a table and then hide the second column in the Presentation tab.

If the range of the chart can change (which I guess it will with selections) you would have to make the size of the line variable, something like:

$(=max(aggr(sum(Sales), MonthName)) / 18)

I've attached the QVW for you to take a look at.

It's probably not a good idea to do your line chart this way - I just don't like the thought of anything being impossible in QlikView!

Cheers,

Steve