Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

<item_id={'1','2',...'n'}> limited to 100 items?

Hi,

I hope this hasn't been answered elsewhere.

I'm trying to create a KPI QV application where the KPI definitions are somewhat complex and dynamic (variable driven). The summary charts are to display only data pertaining to items that breach their KPIs, without filtering the whole data set (since there are multiple levels of KPI breach).

It's all not very suited for in-chart set analysis/formulas. So my concept is to:

A. do the KPI analysis in VBS and

B. return a comma separated list of items that breach the KPIs to a variable where

C. charts reporting on items breaching KPIs restrict their results using the comma separated variable

...by using an expression something like =sum({ <item_id={$(v_list_of_vbs_generated_ids)}> } item_value_measure)

This all works great until the VB code creates a list containing >100 items. It appears that QV will only search/match the first 100 on the list.

Two questions:

1. Is this something other people have encountered or can either confirm or debunk?

2. Am I approaching this all wrong? Is there a better angle to attack this QV document from?

Glad for any help - thanks in advance!

Bill

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Certainly not limited to 100 items. I have tested with 200 items and believe this testing you can do in the same way with much bigger value. The issue could be somewhere else but QV.

PFA

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

On what basis in VB you are creating the string, is it static value.  If this is static flag those values in script and use that flag in expression like this

AllIDs:

LOAD

ID,

'

'

FROM DataSource;

FilterIDs:

LOAD

ID,

1 AS Flag

FROM Temp;

Now in expression try like this

= sum({ <Flag={1}> } item_value_measure)

1. Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.